Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Only Liberal In Town

The Only Liberal In Town

texasliberalovalcarsticker
I decided to do some homework on candidates running at a local level for the upcoming election. Turns out there are no Democrats running at all. Out of 67,414 people only 290 people voted democrat in the 2014 primary. I knew there were very few Democrats here, but I was not expecting that turnout. Hopefully, a Presidental turn out will give some better results than that.
main_900
It’s pretty lonely being a liberal in West Texas there are few people I can even relate to. The majority of people are so far to the right it’s a wonder how I haven’t been killed yet. I’m not like a Jehovah’s Witness, I do not meet people and tell them how great it is to be educated or a liberal. I usually hear people bash Obama and I either shut my mouth or walk away. Not much else I can do. I have to live with these people, best not get into a political debate with the ignorant. It makes much more sense to ignore and move on.
BN-FR571_23LEDE_P_20141121173742-640x426
I know many Conservatives, from family to friends. I do not debate politics for the most part with any of these people. There is no point I will not be persuaded and neither will they. It usually ends badly, so it’s best to stay away from those conversations. It is funny how the internet brings out the voice in some as well as me. I may call them “Cuntservatives” on social networking, but it’s probably not a good idea to call my father or brother that. Although, if they say the wrong thing to me, I may.
state_of_Texas_Obama_Romney_election_results_November_2012_THIS
Yep, I’m in the red.

My husband is even a Cuntservative, when we were in Chicago he was more liberal so I’m still baffled by this. Texas has brainwashed him apparently. He denies he was ever a liberal, but he was a Union Carpenter, he had to be liberal. I try not to get in a political discussion with him either, we do of course. I just do not bring it up if I can help it. I just hope it doesn’t rub off on my girls. I would prefer my daughters will have the intelligence to choose what is morally right. Maybe then too, I won’t be the only liberal around.

No comments:

Post a Comment