Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Good Times Voting In Texas

001
I always feel odd voting Democrat during a Primary here in West Texas. This time was no different. The one old lady (there were 5 old ladies) asked which party I was voting for, I said "Democrat" the women there all looked at me a little funny and they handed me a code and the "I voted today" sticker.
0
I went to the polling booth, enter my number, I clearly see Ted Cruz on my ballot. I stepped back and said, "Um, excuse me. I have a Republican ballot, I wanted the Democrat ballot." One of the women stepped back and said, "You want what?" She looked absolutely appalled. Every other person there agreed they heard me say, Democrat. After a few minutes, they fixed their mistake and off I went to my ballot.
5278297_G
I prefer to vote early if possible. I'd much rather deal with a few people giving my dirty liberal ass dirty looks than 40 of them. Not that it bothers me all that much. You would think it would, but I've never been one to really worry about what others think.
angry-old-man-300x300
The last primary election I voted there was a little old man that looked like he wanted to beat me with his cane. I'm really lucky to be alive here. It's not a real nice place to live, not at all. It is an oil town, so I suppose it's to be expected.
After looking into the Democratic party a little further in my area, I have found that there are only around 50 members that participate in events. It turns out that Texas is one of the worst voting states, we rank 47 in voter turn-out.
2015 - NOVEMBER (CONSTITUTIONAL)
Registered Voters
13,988,920
Voting Age Population (VAP)
19,110,272
Percentage of VAP Registered
73.20%
Turnout
1,585,845
Percent of Turnout to Registered
11.34%
Percent of Turnout to VAP
8.30%
Texas Voter Turnout 2015 Election
6f8978d1b5e86da194eec89f88537b41
The problem seems to most of the voters that show up for the election are Republican. So....we are a red state, I blame ignorance. The education does absolutely suck here and I say that from the heart.
complainers banner 615 shellre
I'll continue to do my part and continue to vote, going to volunteer even, look at me doing shit. The people of Texas bitch the most about government, yet the majority does not even vote. You can't bitch if you don't vote I'm going to start calling people on it.
GET OUT AND VOTE TEXAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment